Following previous years’ success, QSA is once again organizing our annual Inclusion Recruitment Conference (“IRC”), which will be held on 11th October 2014 (Saturday).
Registration will be open soon. More details about IRC2014, including our list of sponsors this year, will be up in a moment. So mark your calendar (11th October 2014, Saturday) and come back soon for updates! In the meantime, click here to learn more about last year’s conference!
What is IRC?
Over the past few years, QSA has been pioneering the agenda for the discussion of Diversity and Inclusion (“D&I”) in campus recruitment and in the workplace in Hong Kong, with a particular focus on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (“LGBT”) topics. Over the past 4 years, the IRC has influenced over 500 participants and created a major platform for the exchange of ideas for dozens of corporate and community leaders from, inter alia, business and finance, law, marketing, education, art and NGOs.
IRC 2014 will be themed “Be Who You Are, Do What You Dream”. This year, we are honoured to have confirmed Dr York Chow Yat-ngok, Chairperson of the Hong Kong Equal Opportunities Commission, as our Keynote Speaker.
- Date: 11th October 2014, Saturday
- Time: 13:00 – 17:00
- Venue: Lower Lobby, Novotel Century Hong Kong Hotel, 238 Jaffe Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong
- Admission Cost: Free for students; HKD$50 for general public
- University students, primarily in their penultimate or final years, who self-identify as diverse (based on sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity, etc.);
- Corporations that are committed in the area of D&I, particularly on LGBT issues; and,
- Members of the public who are interested in the latest D&I developments in Hong Kong’s corporate sector.
- Keynote speech
- Speaker: Dr York Chow Yat-ngok, Chairperson of the Hong Kong Equal Opportunities Commision (confirmed).
- Panel discussions – Speakers from our corporate sponsors and community leaders will discuss D&I issues ranging from campus recruitment to diversity in the workplace. Tentative panels are as follows:
- Inclusion in Recruitment
- Inclusion in the Workplace
- Letter to my Student Self
- Exhibition – Recruitment/diversity teams from our corporate sponsors will set up booths where they can interact with our student participants on a more personal basis.
- Learn about company policies in recruiting, retaining & protecting diverse talents (e.g. based on gender, disability, sexual orientation, race or ethnic group etc.)
- Gain a better understanding of the diversity and inclusion initiatives of leading financial institutions, international law firms and other top-notch businesses
- Find out about internship and/or graduate job opportunities
- Network with senior executives and recruiters and get advice on job applications