QSA is organizing its 6th Inclusion Recruitment Conference (IRC). It is a precious occasion to meet recruiters from leading financial institutions and law firms to know more about Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) in the workplace.
This year’s IRC is supported and sponsored by some of the most eminent corporates in the banking, financial and legal sectors in the city, which include: Barclays, BlackRock, Cadwalader, Citibank, Clifford Chance, Ernst & Young, Goldman Sachs, Hebert Smith Freehills, J.P. Morgan, McGraw Hill Financial, Morgan Stanley, and Skadden. (in alphabetical order)
Date: October 10, 2015 (Sat)
Time: 15:00 – 18:00, registration starts at 14:45
Venue: Novetel Hotel, Wan Chai
Dress Code: Business Formal
- University students, primarily in their penultimate or final years, who self-identify as diverse based on gender, sexual orientation, disability, race, ethnicity, etc.;
- Corporations that are committed in the area of D&I particularly on LGBT issues; and
- Members of the public who are interested in the latest D&I developments in Hong Kong’s corporate sector.
- Presentation by Community Business – “Expert Advice: Landscape of LGBT inclusion in Hong Kong workplace”, with the latest publication Hong Kong Best Places to Work for LGBT Guide.
- Panel discussions – Speakers from our corporate sponsors and community leaders will discuss D&I issues ranging from campus recruitment to diversity in the workplace. Tentative panels are as follows:
- Workplace D&I discussions
- Personal and social experience sharing
- Exhibition – Recruitment/diversity teams from our corporate sponsors will set up booths where they will interact with our student participants on a more personal basis.
- Learn about common company policies in recruiting, retaining & protecting diverse talents based on gender, sexual orientation, disability, race, ethnicity, etc.;
- Gain a better understanding of the D&I initiatives of leading financial institutions, international law firms and other top-notch businesses;
- Find out about internship and/or graduate job opportunities; and
- Network with senior executives and recruiters and get advice on job applications.
About the Organizer
Queer Straight Alliance (“QSA”) is a student organization promoting the rights and welfare of LGBT communities in Hong Kong. Registered as a society in 2008, QSA is currently the largest network of LGBT students, staff and allies across campuses in Hong Kong and it supports its members through social, educational and career initiatives.