Date: 28th September 2013, Saturday
Time: 14:30 – 18:20
Venue: Lower Lobby, Novotel Century Hong Kong Hotel, 238 Jaffe Road, Wanchai, HK
Admission Cost: Free for students; HKD$50 for general public
Registration: DEADLINE EXTENDED! Complete the registration form by WED 25th September 2013 18:00 at this Link.
- Learn about company policies in recruiting, retaining & protecting diverse talents (e.g. based on gender, disability, sexual orientation, race or ethnic group etc.)
- Gain a better understanding of the diversity and inclusion initiatives of leading financial institutions and international law firms
- Find out about internship and/or graduate job opportunities
- Network with senior executives and recruiters from leading financial institutions and international law firms in HK and get advice on job applications from them
- Learn about how LGBT entrepreneurs started their business and how being different makes them
A. Key Note Speech
A key note speech will be given by Dr. York Chow Yat–ngok, the Chairperson of the Equal Opportunities Commission (EOC).
B. Panel Discussions
Panel 1 – Step Out: Inclusion in Recruitment
- Panelists from leading firms will break pre-conceptions that deter diverse candidates from seeking employment in their respective industries.
- Panel 1 Speakers:
- Helen Hui (Head of Transaction Banking,Standard Chartered Bank)
- Michael Acquavella (Head of Campus Recruiting, Barclays)
- Su-Ling Voon (Managing Director from Legal & Compliance, Morgan Stanley)
Panel 2 – Step Up: Inclusion in the Workplace
- Senior executives will share their experience on efforts in promoting an inclusive workplace.
- Panel 2 Speakers:
- Alan Schiffman (Partner, Skadden)
- Celine Tan (JP Morgan)
- Michael Broadbery (Managing Director in Compliance, Goldman Sachs)
- Simon Chapman (Partner, Herbert Smith Freehills)
Panel 3 – Step Forward: Inclusion in Entrepreneurship
- Entrepreneurs will discuss emerging business opportunities in industries relating to the Pink Dollar.
- Panel 3 Speakers:
- Arnault Castel (Kapok)
- Timothy Loo (Editor, PLUG Magazine)
Meet the Recruitment/Diversity teams from Barclays, BlackRock, Goldman Sachs, Herbert Smith Freehills, JP Morgan, Morgan Stanley, Skadden, Standard Chartered and UBS!