Following previous years’ success, QSA is once again organizing our annual Inclusion Recruitment Conference (“IRC”), which will be held on 11th October 2014 (Saturday) (13:00 – 17:00) at Novotel Century Hong Kong Hotel. Dr York Chow, Chairperson of the Hong Kong Equal Opportunities Commission, will be our keynote speaker. IRC2014 will be themed “Be Who You Are, Do What You Dream”.
REGISTER NOW to attend IRC2014: http://goo.gl/JoCQ4y
Students will be able to discuss Diversity and Inclusion issues with senior executives and meet recruiters from our corporate sponsors. If you self-identify as diverse (based on race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, etc) or you are interested in learning about D&I developments in in the Hong Kong corporate sector.
Scroll down to find out more about:
- What is IRC?
- Event Details
- Why attend?
- Sponsors and Supporting Organisations (NEW!!!):
- Confirmed Sponsors include: Barclays, BlackRock, Clifford Chance, Goldman Sachs, Herbert Smith Freehills, J.P. Morgan, Skadden.
- About the Organizer (QSA)
What is IRC?
Over the past few years, QSA has been pioneering the agenda for the discussion of Diversity and Inclusion (“D&I”) in campus recruitment and in the workplace in Hong Kong, with a particular focus on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (“LGBT”) topics. Over the past 4 years, the IRC has influenced over 500 participants and created a major platform for the exchange of ideas for dozens of corporate and community leaders from, inter alia, business and finance, law, marketing, education, art and NGOs.
IRC 2014 will be themed “Be Who You Are, Do What You Dream”. This year, we are honoured to have confirmed Dr York Chow Yat-ngok, Chairperson of the Hong Kong Equal Opportunities Commission, as our Keynote Speaker.
- Date: 11th October 2014, Saturday
- Time: 13:00 – 17:00
- Venue: Lower Lobby, Novotel Century Hong Kong Hotel, 238 Jaffe Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong
- Admission Cost: Free for students; HKD$50 for general public
- Registration Form: http://goo.gl/JoCQ4y
- University students, primarily in their penultimate or final years, who self-identify as diverse (based on sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity, etc.);
- Corporations that are committed in the area of D&I, particularly on LGBT issues; and,
- Members of the public who are interested in the latest D&I developments in Hong Kong’s corporate sector.
- Keynote speech
- Speaker: Dr York Chow Yat-ngok, Chairperson of the Hong Kong Equal Opportunities Commision (confirmed).
- Panel discussions – Speakers from our corporate sponsors and community leaders will discuss D&I issues ranging from campus recruitment to diversity in the workplace. Tentative panels are as follows:
- Inclusion in Recruitment
- Inclusion in the Workplace
- Letter to my Student Self
- Exhibition – Recruitment/diversity teams from our corporate sponsors will set up booths where they can interact with our student participants on a more personal basis.
- Learn about company policies in recruiting, retaining & protecting diverse talents (e.g. based on gender, disability, sexual orientation, race or ethnic group etc.)
- Gain a better understanding of the diversity and inclusion initiatives of leading financial institutions, international law firms and other top-notch businesses
- Find out about internship and/or graduate job opportunities
- Network with senior executives and recruiters and get advice on job applications
Sponsors of IRC2014 include:
Herbert Smith Freehills
Supporting Organisations of IRC2014 include:
- Centre of Development and Resources for Students (CEDARS HKU)
- Hong Kong Gay and Lesbian Attorneys (HKGALA)
- Pink Season
About the Organizer
Queer Straight Alliance (“QSA”) is a student organization promoting the rights and welfare of LGBT communities in Hong Kong. Registered as a society in 2008, QSA is currently the largest network of LGBT students, staff and allies across campuses in Hong Kong and it supports its members through social, educational and career initiatives.