“Speak Out” is a meaningful yet fun workshop that aims to help young adults to come to terms with their sexual orientation and to prepare them for disclosing their identities to loved ones. Friends and family of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender members are also invited.
Speakers from various LGBT organisations will share their knowledge and their experiences on “coming out” in different occasions through a panel discussion. Social workers and a counsellor will conduct interactive activities. Lunch and refreshment will also be provided. Free of charge. This workshop will be conducted in Cantonese with English interpretation.
Date: 21 April 2012 (Saturday)
Time: 11:00am – 4:30pm (Registration starts at 10.30am)
Venue: UBS, 52/F, IFC2, Central
– Barry Sum (Owner, T:ME Bar)
– Bryan Chan (Organiser, Hong Kong Lesbian & Gay Film Festival)
– Derek Lui (Curator, Hong Kong Lesbian & Gay Film Festival)
– Eleanor Cheung (Founder, HKqUeercampus)
– Social Workers
– Counsellor from the Centre of Development and Resources for Students (CEDARS), The University of Hong Kong
Due to limited space, registration priority will be given to students. We do apologise for any inconvenience caused.
This event is organised by Queer Straight Alliance (QSA) and is supported by UBS and CEDARS.